Wednesday, September 02, 2009

To-morrow

I can't sleep, can't sleep,
oh give me a break.
I need to work, I need to sweep
some little white mice off their feet
tomorrow morning, bright and early.
oh, it makes me grumbly,
to hear the clock ticking,
tick tock, constantly.
Now wouldn't it be swell,
if they stopped ticking as well
and pretended like I do,
like I don't need to work
and I don't need to worry,
like I won't be sorry,
when I ignore the bells ringing in my ear
and get up when afternoon is near.
No, I must rest, I must be prepared
for another day, a future bared.
one more bowl of cereal,
one more dash for the bus,
another search for missing keys.
another day, another clock.
nah, don't feel sorry for me,
its not as bad as I make it look. :)

2 comments:

eLmoNiv said...

hehehe!! At least you got a poem out of it.. :)

Galaxy Hydrangea said...

I like this one :) reminds me I am not alone :P

Search This Blog