Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Sometimes..

I'm trying to sleep and I can't. I'm not restless, but when I close my eyes, I can see, rather I can feel in my chest, a vast empty space, a big field or a meadow, with nothing but a big tree in the centre. The emptiness of it presses down on me, intimidates me. There is no wind, no breath, just a stifling rareness in the air. Then I imagine water filling up the field. Even though I can't see any walls or boundaries, the water rises, and fills it up. Now the water touches the lowest branches of the tree till it looks like it is gasping for air. And like this it will stand.. just like this, gasping for air, till you decide to pull the plug and let the water drain away...

2 comments:

DilliMeriJaan said...

read p g wodehouse. or dahl. but never virginia wolf before going to bed. never.

eLmoNiv said...

That was good.

Search This Blog