Monday, March 16, 2009

Twelve


December, could I be there forever?
December, when I felt at home.
December, when my thoughts weren’t cold.
December, my beginning, my end, my new, my old.

December, how can I let you be?
Remember the giant wheel, the lighted tree?
Reunited, we found the sandy shore
We found the past, and made some more.

Remember the skyline, the butterfly, the whale?
The climb on the rocks, the margarita on the bay,
December, you made me laugh so hard,
All parts of me adored, every bit and shard.

December, could I love you forever?
The starry skies, the blurry days.
I do, Unconditional-ly surrender
To the New Year’s bell, the Hard Rock café.

December, would you come back to me?
Could you be something more than a memory?
Can I pretend that time won’t steal you away from me?
Could you stay the Unceasing, my solace, my all and every?

---

Night after day, you go so far away.
I can see you waving a sad goodbye.
But wait, what’s this you left behind?
Is this to help me let go, or to help me find?

2 comments:

Abhishek jain said...

nice poem!!

Abhishek jain said...

Hey...
Thanks for the comment..
What r u doing these days?
Hope u r doin Good!
Waiting for some more pieces of writing from ur side..
Rise n Shine :)
tc..

Search This Blog