Thursday, September 07, 2006

A wedding in the making


Planning for a wedding ain’t easy. So I’m assuming. Since the planning for the upcoming wedding in our family has just barely started, I can’t say.
The wedding planners, if u can call them that, had come home today. With loads of pictures on colour themes and menus and more confusing colour themes. Of all the weddings I’ve ever been to, I don’t think I’ve ever even noticed the colour themes. But there you have it.

And then the confusion about the bride’s identity. Of course, we know who’s getting married. But my sister’s conspicuous absence requires me to fill in for her. I’ve draped so many saris and lehengas and chosen so many suit pieces that I feel like the bride’s maid of honour. Which, by default, I am, I guess.
The confusion became apparent when one salesman started to say, “Don’t worry, everything is going to be just as you want it..” Before he could go any further, he was interrupted by an uproar, successfully created by me, my mother and my father.
“No no its not my wedding!”
“elder sister, not her…”
“not her”
“haha..”
I think the poor guy actually got scared.

Very funny it was.

Also, the fact that there are three other cousins who have either gotten married or are getting married within six months of each other, spices things up a bit. Four weddings in a half year is not a simple feat, even for our family.

Three love marriages
One arranged match.
People coming from all over India, and more.
Add some sugar, a little salt, pepper, and you have a first class recipe for a chaotic, fun, eventful, unforgettable year.

Ooh, and I get to wear a sari!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quiet an eventful year huh! LOL...Good going! Poona snaps kab bhej rahi hai?

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm good to see mention of me in multiple blogs... n now tht u r the self proclaimed maid-of-honor, guess who will be bringing water to me throughout the wedding :)

Velu said...

Oh good!

Traffic on this blog seems to have increased many fold. Not so plain Jane now eh? :)

Yes but, it is great the planning. Not that I would know anything about it. Let us know how it all goes.

Keep blogging. Good fun it is.

Velu

PS: I did put up the pune snaps on my blog. Just follow the link to the pictures.

es.en. said...

yippee!!

Search This Blog