Saturday, September 02, 2006

A review



The really good things about exams is you realize how much you love your life when they’re not around. And so, as soon as mine got over, I got down to serious business..after all, lazying around is hard work. Saw Runaway bride for the hundredth time, and read Love Story for the thousandth.


The reason I find Love Story such an amazing book, I might even say comforting book, is because unlike other books, it does not question the existence of true love. The book begins and ends, and you never doubt the fact that love, when you find it, is true and everlasting. No frustration about relationships not working out, about right and wrong, misunderstandings, people cheating, and all else that is mundane. It makes you sad, yes, but in a good way. It may be cliched, but it is original for me. You get really involved with the characters and their story and there are a very few books that can do that.

Oliver’s Story, on the other hand, is quite the opposite. I didn’t like the sequel, because it is everything that love story is not. While Love Story is a pure, innocent love story, here it seems like Oliver’s got an agenda in his life. Which is why it lacks the charm that the first book has.

Even so, I don’t think I’ll be taking it on my journey tomorrow. Most idiotic to start crying over a book on a plane.

No comments:

Search This Blog