Tuesday, August 24, 2010

You're not the boss of me!!

Diamond is a tiny little brown dog. She’s very feisty and spunky, like a small brown dog should be. I know this because I and three other adults, which included a police officer, ran around the main roads of town trying to catch her.

We strategized, and she slipped right through our fingers. We coaxed, and she saw right through our pretenses. We lunged, and she lunged further away from us. We slowed traffic so that she wouldn't get run over. We asked strangers sitting on the side of the road if they had any food and they looked at us like we were in cahoots with the crazy guy at the end of the street.

And all the time, the game was just getting more and more challenging for her. So, first it was just Mr Dogsitter. Then two, then three then four people! All trying to catch me, huh? Well, I’ll show them, she thought. I’ll show them who runs things around here. Here’s what I’ll do. I’ll take them out of the apartment complex first, then on to the highway. Then when they get really scared, I’ll take them to the parking lot where there’s lots of places for me to hide. Then let’s see what they come up with.

But what she didn’t take into account was that four people determined to catch a little dog will outrun her. By the end, all of us were panting and wheezing but we had her surrounded. She looked at all of us in turn, sizing us up. Then, like no big deal, she crawls into Mr Dogsitter’s arms. She was a naughty little runaway dog. But what fun she had that day!

I wonder if the dogsitter ever told the owner about Diamond’s little adventure.

3 comments:

anhilaire said...

a good read :-)... ah the dog with a mind of her own... adventure loving, yet wise enough to know when to stop haha... and what luck to have a good story teller tell the story...

Galaxy Hydrangea said...

I wish someone had documented this on camera! :)

Galaxy Hydrangea said...

But then again, I think this account is much more entertaining :D

Search This Blog