Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What's on your mind?

"There’s too many things I haven’t done yet.

Too many sunsets I haven’t seen."

"I apologize once again, I’m not in love

But it’s not as if I mind that your heart ain’t exactly breaking.

Yes, I deserve nothing more than I get,

Coz nothing I have is truly mine."

You never asked me this, but I’ll tell you anyway. I hate that everything I write turns out being about you. I hate that I can see where I’ll be ten years from now. I hate that you expect me to be a certain way, and then I am.

You never asked me, darling, but I’ll tell you anyway. I am going to go to Egypt one day. And Paris. And Rome. And all the clichéd places that one wants to see. Who knows, maybe even live there for a while. What scares me is that I’ll turn 50 and I still won’t have done any of this.

You never asked me, but lemme tell you anyway. I hate that you have an opinion on everything that I am. And I hate that it matters to me.

You, on the other hand, never asked me. Annoyingly selfless as you are, You gave me everything: birth, life, lessons and laughter, and still, you didn't ask me. All this time I have loved you and fought with you and rebelled against you. It took me a while to come around. You never asked me, but I’ll tell you anyway. I miss you. So much so that it aches. I do, I love you.

2 comments:

anhilaire said...

I love this :-)

Galaxy Hydrangea said...

like I said, heart wrenchingly beautiful

Search This Blog